Thursday 24 June 2010

Kids and mobiles!!!

Finally succombed to my 10 year old daughters nagging, she was beginning to sound like Bart and Lisa.

Can I have a moblie mum
Can I have a mobile mum
Can I have a mobile mum

I decided to succomb and buy my daughter a mobile phone, but with some ground rules of course.

Not allowed to take it to school
Not allowed to take it to her bedroom

But one rule I did not forget to make but did not realise she would do is constantly text me even if we were in the same room!!!

Can I have a drink Please mum
I'm hungry

Luckly this was just a novelty and has warn off now.

But on a serious note:-


Mobile Phones and the Teenager

Mobile phones for teenagers and younger are a growing trend
in England, America in fact all over the world.

Although it a little concerning as to who they are texting
and chatting to, depending on the mobile they are able to
take photos send photos etc.

Every child is different and some are very responsible,
however as a parent you will want to keep your child safe.

Before handing their new mobile to them you must have a gently chat
of the safety issues and being responsible.

Bills, before they run up huge bills you will need to set up
some limits and explain that the last thing you want to do is
confiscate their phone.

So as a parent it is up to you to stay involved and keep on top
to prevent any problems from happening.

Set some rules

Know who your child is talking to
How long they are allowed to use their phone
Know who they are sending and receiving pictures from

This also goes for text messages.

If your child is old enough to drive, make sure they
do not text or chat while in control of a vehicle, it would be more
safer to invest in a hands free kit, however definitely no texing while
driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment